- Working with BPE
- Contact Us
BPE is an exciting place to work, with a wide variety of clients across many different sectors. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a contributory pension and profit share scheme. We are currently recruiting for the following roles.
Location: Colden Common or Daresbury
BPE E,C&I design team are looking for an experienced Senior E&I Designer to join them, to help meet ongoing project design objectives and to drive improvement initiatives, so as to deliver highly effective and high-quality electrical and instrument drawing standards, in both 2D and 3D environments.
The Senior E&I Designer shall –
• Conduct site surveys and liaise with the client, throughout projects, to initiate and develop the electrical and instrument design.
• Attend internal and external project meetings.• Assist in the coordination of the project design, along with Piping, Building Services and CSA Designers and Engineers, through 3D modelling.
• Produce all types of 2D drawings, for design delivery, such as General Arrangement Drawings, Layout Drawings, Cable Route Drawings, Location Drawings, Block Cable Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and Instrument Loop Diagrams.
• Produce all types of lists and schedules, for design delivery, such as Instrument and I/O Lists, Instrument and Electrical Cable Schedules (including cable sizing calculations), MTO/BOMs.
• Produce instrument datasheets.• Drive the development of electrical and instrument 2D and 3D standards.
The Senior E&I Designer shall be familiar with the use of British and International Standards, Company Standards, Industry Regulations, EC Directives, Health & Safety and CDM Regulations.
Skills & experience required:
The designer must have all round draughting, electrical and instrumentation abilities, and is expected to have knowledge and experience which brings a high degree of competence, in the following areas:
• Use of AutoCAD (2D and 3D).
• Use of AutoCAD MEP.
• Use of Navisworks.
• Instrument loop (pressure, temperature, flow, level etc) design.• Design of electrical circuits including motor controls, LV distribution, lighting and earthing.
• Electrical requirements in Hazardous Areas, where a risk of explosion from dusts and gases exist.
• Process control system architectures and I/O interfacing.
• Use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
The following competencies are highly desirable –
• Use of Revit.
• Use of Amtech Electrical Design software.• Ability to complete IS circuit compliance calculations.
The following attitudes are expected –
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Fits well within a team.
• Takes on appropriate responsibilities but knows when to escalate issues.
• Focused on meeting deadlines and quality targets.
The following industry experience is highly desirable –
• Pharmaceutical – API and Secondary Manufacture.
• Fine Chemicals We will expect you to have a desire to advance the status of the engineering profession as well as your own skills and expertise together with that of others within the company.
All of this is within a supportive and open environment where engineering is truly valued.
As well as a competitive salary and a friendly, flexible working environment BPE can give you the opportunity to have a real influence over the development of a growing, innovative engineering enterprise.
BPE are keen to support undergraduate Chemical Engineers and run a Summer Placement programme offering a 2nd or 3rd year Chemical Engineering Undergraduate eight weeks work experience during July and August. Based at our Colden Common office, the placement typically includes some CAD, process modelling and HAZOP scribe experience, and site and sales visits where possible although the nature of the work very much depends on our project and client portfolio at the time. Applications for Summer 2018 are now closed.
At present we are not able to offer 12-month industrial placements.
In addition we are always keen to hear from: