- Working with BPE
- Contact Us
Use of Aspen Batch Process Developer (formerly Batch Plus) to create a process model for the relocation of an existing pharmaceutical process.
One of the primary purposes of the model was to confirm the batch size and cycle times to show that the proposed plant design could meet the required annual production target with enough spare capacity to allow for planned maintenance, cleaning and breakdowns.
The main outputs from the model included:-
- Process description
- Schedule confirming batch time cycle time and fixed repeating schedule
- Mass balance
- Heating, cooling and utility requirements for overlapping batches
- Identification of bottleneck equipment and processes
- Sensitivity analysis to determine the maximum capacity of the proposed plant
- Identification of emissions and waste stream composition
- Analysis of personnel requirements