- Working with BPE
- Contact Us
Process Controls and Instrumentation
BPE offers the full range of Control System and Instrument services from conceptual studies to final design and handover. This includes full Qualification for validated systems. The support extends from simple one-off consultations to the design, installation and commissioning of complete projects.
Our capabilities include;
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Cosmetics, Food and Drink sectors.
- PLC programming definition for packaged plant to suit process requirements.
- Computer Systems Validation – QbD for automated pharmaceutical systems validated and executed in accordance with Gamp 5.
- Hazardous area instrumentation and communication – remoteI/O, wireless and fibre optic communication.
- Full DCS Functional Design Specifications to include Input/Output Schedules, Mimic Diagrams, Configuration definitions.
- Safety Shutdown Systems – designed and commissioned, to IEC61508/11. SIL and LOPA assessments performed on existing
- Batch control to IEC 61512 (SP88) – phase diagrams, recipes and campaigns designed and engineered to current standards.
- IEC/ATEX compliant equipment and system specifications.
- Network Topology Analysis, Industrial Ethernet and Wireless technologies implemented.
Design and specification of complete control systems. Specification of loops, generation of the schedules, graphics, wiring and all the process parameters. PLC or DCS based control and safety systems which are hardwired or programmable. All process field instrumentation from transmitters to analysers included for both safe and hazardous areas. Vendor selection to suit client supply requirements or chosen on quality and cost.
Plant Modifications or Expansion
Integration of new and old systems designed to minimise disruption to manufacturing. Use of the latest technologies also minimises any space and installation cost issues all designed to cGMP guidelines.
Hazardous Area Instrumentation
The use of Pneumatics, Purged, Explosion Proof, or Intrinsically Safe technologies to best suit the application.
Commissioning and Validation
Commissioning using trained engineers to meet your time schedules, Complete CSV service: survey, document, and execute protocols to Gamp 5.
Modification and/or generation of phase diagrams, recipes and campaigns for batch processes configured to IEC 61512 (ISA88).
Full project life-cycle
Participation in projects from initial concept to commissioning, validation and handover. Provision of integrated design solutions within the team environment for multi-discipline projects. Specialist input to Hazops and CHazops to meet Client requirements. Full design management service for I&E/ Controls projects.