As part of our series of interviews celebrating Women in Engineering Day (June 23) we talk to BPE senior consultant Rebecca David about her experiences in the industry. Here, she tells us why she love...
If you need help to fully understand your process, we can apply Process Modelling and Computer Simulation techniques using the Aspen Software Tools to predict the steady-state or dynamic behaviour. Once the required process components and connections are established, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) can used to represent the resulting model(s). Our software tools can help with many requirements, here are just a few illustrations :-
- Process optimisation - Capacity, performance, operating costs, utility consumption etc
- Batch operation scheduling
- De-bottlenecking of existing facilities
- Gas Dispersion Modelling
- DIERS Software for Relief Device Sizing (Two phase modelling etc)
- Hydraulic modelling of clean water systems
- Heat transfer software to model vessel heating and sterilisation performance
- Waste stream characterisation
- Environmental Impact Assessments
View an example of the benefits of Dynamic Simulation below
We have considerable knowledge and a breadth of experience of both chemical properties and the physical properties and characteristics of the process system components, such as reactors, mixers, dryers, pumps, pipes and so on. Within the team at BPE, we can provide expertise against all of the core Chemical Engineering Unit Operations.
We use these skills and experience at all project stages but particularly during Concept Studies and Front End Design projects.
For more details, please call us on +44(0) 1962 717070 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org